I am participating in the SITS Back To Blogging Event and again the reason for another re-post! Check out the bottom of this post for more details. In the meantime, enjoy our family's favorite pizza recipe!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~We love homemade pizza here in our house and the kids love to help us make it! We will make it for birthdays, friends, movie night or anything else we can find an excuse to make it for. This dough recipe is the best I have found. There is no waiting for the dough to rise. Just make it, roll it, top it and bake it! Here is what you need... (p.s. this is the same dough recipe I used to make the Heart Shaped Calzones)
- 1 pkg. active yeast (about 2.5 tsp.)
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T. oil
- 2.5 c. flour
- 1 pizza pan or Jelly Roll pan - pre-greased
- Pizza Sauce (I use Hunt's Mushrooms or Garlic and Herb canned spaghetti sauce - 1 26.5 oz can will make 2 to 3 Jelly Roll pan/cookie sheet size pizzas)
- Any favorite toppings: sausage, pepperoni, peppers and tomatoes are our favorites
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Directions for Making the Pizza
If you do not have a rolling pin, a sturdy glass or cup will work just as well. A rolling pin usually has a hard time on a Jelly Roll pan anyways.
**I am participating in the SITS Girls Back to Blogging Event with their sponsors Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances. I re-posted this post because it was a title that I remember being very proud of coming up with at the time. Because of the topic nature of my blog the post titles are usually pretty self explanatory. This title was something more than "Homemade Pizza."