We are moving!!! Same Fun, Crafts, and Recipes, but a new and official web address! Come check out what is new at...


FunOnaDime.net



See you there!

The Best Flying Paper Airplane

This is the first post that I ever wrote on this blog. I thought it would be fun to bring a little blast from the past (9 months ago!).

This is the best paper airplane we have ever flown and very easy to fly. Paper airplanes are a great activity for those days when you can not go outside or are confined to a small space, like the gym childcare area. They are simple, you most likely have all the supplies you need on hand and are always a huge hit for any age. I did this with ages 2-4 years old. My 13 year old sister and 3 of her friends even tested it out for me. They had so much fun that they played with them for 3 hours and I was told they had a blast. They ended up naming their planes and having all sorts of competition.


What You Need:

  • Paper
  • Tape
  • Crayons (optional)

Directions:
First, we had to add a little color before we started folding. Notice how the boys were all about getting it done as fast as possible. The girls were a little more detailed oriented when it came to coloring!




Once that is done, the folding begins. Each step has a number next to the picture to make it a little easier to follow. I also colored the back side of the paper green, so you can tell which side is which while we are folding.

Let's begin! Each picture is number for the Step that it belongs to. For instructional purposes, one side is white and the other is green scribbles. If you would like a larger view, click on the picture.

Step 1: Lay paper on a flat surface. (See picture below)

Step 2: Fold the paper length wise in half. (See picture below)

Step 3: Open the paper up again. Take one corner and fold it in towards the center line. (See picture below)

Step 4: Do the same to the opposite corner.



Step 5: Flip the paper over. (See picture below)

Step 6: Pull the new corner, just created in and in line with the center line.(See picture below)

Step 7: Do the same to the opposite corner.(See picture below)

Step 8: This is what it should look like right now when it is folded in half.




Now this next part is a little tricky, so much sure you follow the pictures

Step 9.1: I put 2 red dots on the paper. See them? On the next fold, you will bring the red dots together by bringing the edge on the bottom up. Basically folding it in half on the one side. (See picture below)

Step 9.2: I guess to make it easier on me I flipped it around and I didn't notice it until now. Sorry! This picture is folding the edge (that is pictured in 9.1 on the bottom) to line up with the opposite edge. (See picture below)

Step 10: Flip the plane over and do the same to the other side.




Step 11: This is what your plane should look like from the side when your hand is holding the fold. Now you want to put a little piece of tape on the bottom going over the fold . Somewhere near my thumb is fine. (See picture below)

Step 12: You also want to put a piece of tap on the top holding the two sides together. About where the red line is.


Step 13: Have some fun! We did!

Getting ready to have a throwing competition!

And they are off!

Enjoy!


** This original post was posted on January 22, 2010. I rewrote it a little so it could match my formatting I have adopted over the past 9 months of writing my blog and moved some pictures around. At the time I thought it would work well to put 3-4 pictures together in one, but now going over it, I think it may be better to have the pictures separated. .I am participating in the SITS Girls Back to Blogging Event with their sponsors Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative | Powered by Blogger