We are moving!!! Same Fun, Crafts, and Recipes, but a new and official web address! Come check out what is new at...


FunOnaDime.net



See you there!

Toilet Paper Roll People

The kids got their creative juices flowing with this project. The end result does not look extremely fancy, but they had fun! For more ideas on TP Roll people and animals check out the links at the bottom of this post. I was amazed at all the different options (with pictures). Everything from printables that you can color, cut and past on the roll to creating people from construction paper, glue and the roll (this one is for older children 8/9+). Here is what we came up with!




What you need:

  • Toilet paper roll
  • Paper
  • Crayons/markers
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Any other fun craft accessories (google eyes, foam stickers, yarn, etc)


Directions


Ask your child what they would like to create and then figure out what you need. My son decided he wanted to make a monster and my daughter wanted to make a "girl princess".


Depending on what you want to create, cut and glue colored paper to the roll.



Then let them accessorize! For younger ages, be prepared to assist a lot. They told me what they wanted and I cut it out for them and then they glued it on. We also used the foam stickers and cut some of them in pieces to create hair for the monster and the princess.

She went to town with the marker!


Not extremely fancy, but they had fun!


Other Ideas/Links:

Link 1: On this page, scroll down a bit and you will see a long list of pictures that will send you to the instructions. You will get tons of ideas from here!

Link 2: The people form scratch made from just construction paper. Pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. I have lots of tp rolls that I have been saving - not really sure what to do with them. Thank you for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITS.

    My daughter is still too young for projects but my students would probably love this. Great idea. I need people like you to tell craftless people like me what to do with old rolls of tp.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative | Powered by Blogger