We are moving!!! Same Fun, Crafts, and Recipes, but a new and official web address! Come check out what is new at...


FunOnaDime.net



See you there!

Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe

(Don't forget to send in your Summer Fun Challenge entries.
It doesn't take long and it is a bunch of fun! And remember, it can be super simple. Just do something with "sticks" and then follow the entry instructions here.)





 This ice cream cake is a hit everywhere it goes and best of all it is super easy to make and does not need to sit long to be ready.  I love ice cream cakes and this one feels like I am cheating when I am making it, but it tastes just as good as store bought or any other homemade one from scratch I have made! It is great for those times when you need a cake ASAP or just a fun treat to share. And best of all, it is easy enough that  your children can help make it with little or no mess!



What You Need:
  • 2 boxes ice cream sandwiches
  • 1 large container whipped cream
  • 1 bottle Magic Shell
**See variations at the bottom of this post for alternatives

Directions:

Step 1: Set out a 9 x13 pan and unwrap your sandwiches. This part is definitely for the kids and it does not matter if they break the ice cream bars by accident!



Step 2: Lay 1 box of the sandwiches in the pan. All 12 do fit; you just have to squeeze them tight together in the pan. There is a brand of ice cream sandwiches called Sammies that are bigger and you only use 6 of those per layer.

If you look closely, you can see that we had to break a bar in half to make it all fit. (upper right corner)


Step 3: Cover first layer in whipped cream



Step 4: Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for the second layer. Usually there is a slight gap around the top edge because of the way the pan is made. That is okay! It makes it easier to take out of the pan.


Step 5: Cover the top with Magic Shell...as much or as little as you want. This picture below is almost a full bottle, but less looks good, too.



Step 6: Let it set in freezer until you are ready to eat. You do not have to set it long if you are in a rush, just a few minutes will do.



Step 7:  ENJOY!!! As you can see it was a big hit. Everyone loved it!

Yum!!


Variations:
  • Try a different flavor of ice cream bar. At my store there was vanilla, banana, Neapolitan and peanut butter. We made this one with one layer PB and one layer vanilla. 
  • Instead of making it in a pan, make it on a jelly roll or cookie sheet. Make sure you buy a little extra whipped cream so you can cover the sides completely.
  • There are a bunch of new flavors of Magic Shell. Give another a try...I was tempted to grab the cupcake flavored one. Yum!
  • You can always add food coloring to your whipped cream to give the cake some color.


Have Fun!!!

13 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite desserts in the summer. Instead of magic shell, I use hot fudge and peanuts.

    You are right about everyone loving it. I never have anything to take home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple and easy way to be a rock star with your kids! I am sooo gonna try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so easy! I can't wait to try that. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yummy!! I miss ice cream sandwhiches - I'm an American who moved to the UK. They don't have the same sort we did in the states! :( This looks perfect for today too - it's been so hot and sunny lately.

    Happy Saturday Sharefest! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would so love this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo good, my kids would totally love this!!! visiting from justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I think I will make this using hot fudge. Sounds soooo good thanks!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks right up my alley. I have seen those popsicle holders too. I just wanted something free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand that! =) The only reason we got them is because the creator is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law. (confusing, I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have made this one before and you are right it is delish Ü

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so easy and yummy! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative | Powered by Blogger